Optivitum® D 2000
Vitamin D contained in the preparation:
- contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus;
- contributes to normal blood calcium levels;
- helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth;
- supports the proper function of muscles;
- supports the proper function of the immune system;
- participates in the cell division process;
- helps reduce the risk of falling due to instable posture and weakened muscles. Falls constitute a risk factor with respect to bone fractures in persons aged 60 and over.*
*Beneficial effects occur if 20 µg of vitamin D per day is consumed from all sources.
Almost 90% of vitamin D in the body is synthesised in the skin as induced by the solar UVB radiation. Vitamin D deficiency may be caused by: reduced skin synthesis connected with latitude, lifestyle, the use of UVB filters, aging processes, and insufficient supply of vitamin D in the diet.**
**Płudowski et al.: Practical guidelines for the supplementation of vitamin D and the treatment of deficits in Central Europe — recommended vitamin D intakes in the general population and groups at risk of vitamin D deficiency. Endokrynologia Polska 2013; 64 (4), 319-327
Capsule shell ingredients: gelatine, humectant – glycerol.
|Vitamin D||50 µg (2000 IU),
*RI – reference intake
Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of the preparation. Do not take more than the Recommended Daily Intake. Do not use the dietary supplement as a substitute for a varied diet. Balanced diet and healthy lifestyle are fundamental to the proper function of the body. There are many risk factors for a fall resulting from instable posture and weak muscles and leading to bone fractures — change in one of those risk factors may or may not have a beneficial influence.
Store in the original packaging in a dry place in a temperature below 25°C and keep out of reach of small children. Protect from light.
Phytopharm Klęka S.A., Klęka 1, 63-040 Nowe Miasto nad Wartą