Oleum Ricini Phytopharm
14,37 g/15 ml, oral liquid
Indications for use
Laxative for short-term use in sporadic constipation.
Oleum Ricini Phytopharm is intended for adults.
The active ingredient of the drug is cold-pressed castor oil (Ricini Oleum virginale) from castor bean seeds (Ricinus communis) 100 g/100 g.
Dosage form and packaging
Packaging: 30 ml, 105 ml
Do not use Oleum Ricini Phytopharm:
- if you are allergic to the active substance (castor oil);
- in intestinal obstruction or stenosis;
- in atony;
- in appendicitis;
- in inflammatory diseases of the large intestine (e.g. Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis);
- in abdominal pain of unknown origin;
- in severe dehydration with water and electrolyte deficiency;
- during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Posology and method of administration
Children and adolescents: Not recommended for children and adolescents below the age of 18.
Bowel movement occurs within 2-6 hours.
Usually, taking the product 2-3 times a week is enough.
Using longer than for 1 week requires doctor’s supervision.
Marketing Authorisation Holder
Phytopharm Klęka S.A., Klęka 1, 63-040 Nowe Miasto nad Wartą